Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 licens for backup database server

Vecente
Level 4

I have 2 server

1 Database Server (MS SQL)

2. Backup Server (Install BE 2012)

What license need to purchase for backup database server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You need a core product license for the Media server(Backup Exec server) and a SQL agent license.

Install SQL agent license (.slf file) on the media server and push install remote agent on the SQL 

server. Refer to BE2012 licensing guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178479

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB

You need a core product license for the Media server(Backup Exec server) and a SQL agent license.

Install SQL agent license (.slf file) on the media server and push install remote agent on the SQL 

server. Refer to BE2012 licensing guide http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178479

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it is the Agent for Applications and Databases. Individual database licenses no longer exist as it is all consolidated now.

Vecente
Level 4

Thank you for reply.

And I want to know...

- Backup Exec Agent for Windows license, need to purchase or not ?

- Can I backup all of data in database server with only Backup Exec Agent for Applications and Databases license ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

1. Nope, the DB agent includes this.

2. Nope, you'd need 1 of these licenses PER DB application you backup. So if you ran SQL and Exchange on the same server, you'd need 2 of these Agent for Applications and Databases licenses to comply. All this license does is roll all those database applications up into 1. Buy 1 license, and it will cover any of the DB applications listed.

Thanks!

AmolB

- Backup Exec Agent for Windows license, need to purchase or not ?  Just purchase Agent for

App & Database,  it includes RAWS too

- Can I backup all of data in database server with only Backup Exec Agent for Applications and Databases license ?  YES ( in your case SQL and other flat files)