cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 restore vmdk file to media server problem

cyrusm
Level 4

I select the destination path is beserver\D:\temp, but actually the restore path is VMVCB::\\vcserver\VCGuestVm\(DC)myvc(DC)\vm\testvm\D:\temp\testvm

anyone know why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you select just one VMDK file from inside a VM or did you select the whole of the VM? In other words, in the restore selection list/tree, did you put the check mark against the object that is date time of job, or against the name (or names) of the vmdk files. EDIT: Possibly known issue against http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188010

Also did you use the Browse button to select D:\TEMP or did you type it in?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Colin_Weaver

Did you select just one VMDK file from inside a VM or did you select the whole of the VM? In other words, in the restore selection list/tree, did you put the check mark against the object that is date time of job, or against the name (or names) of the vmdk files. EDIT: Possibly known issue against http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188010

Also did you use the Browse button to select D:\TEMP or did you type it in?

cyrusm
Level 4

Thanks your reply, I select just one vmdk file,in the restore selection list/tree, put the check mark against the vmdk files, and then use the browse button to select the destination path.

VJware
Level 6

Is the media server virtualized ?

Colin_Weaver

In that case I think you do have the condition in the TECH article I posted

EDIT: to back up my belief, I just did a test restore of selecting a single vmdk to localserver\H:\TEMP and not the whole VM and I saw this:

Restored 0 files in 0 directories.
Processed 0 bytes in  2 hours,  13 minutes, and  40 seconds.

Which matches the TECH article I provided. In the same job I also saw:

Restoring data to VMVCB::\\10.12.64.146\VCGuestVm\(DC)BEWSEMEA(DC)\vm\MEM01 2008 x64\H:\TEMP\MEM01 2008 x64

which matches what you posted so the two things are the same issue.

cyrusm
Level 4

The media server is installed in physical machine

cyrusm
Level 4

Thanks, I think BE can not restore a single vmdk file.