cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2014: Check which media required for restore

Josh-SA
Level 3

How can I establish (most easily) which tape media is required to restore a resource to last backup?

If I drill down to Backup and Restore - Servers - Backup Sets then it shows, for each backup, if the storage was to tape or to disk but I would like to see the specific tape media label that was used. Any suggestions?

Reports - Media - Media Required for Recovery does not help me in this instance since it generates very lengthy reports and I am looking for a faster method.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you continue through the restore wizard eventually it will list the media labels (before it actually starts the restore data transfer) and you should be able ether cancel the wizard or submit the restore job on hold whilst you then check the media availability

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver

If you continue through the restore wizard eventually it will list the media labels (before it actually starts the restore data transfer) and you should be able ether cancel the wizard or submit the restore job on hold whilst you then check the media availability

Josh-SA
Level 3

Thanks, yes that is an option I have used but if that is the easiest way, then I'd love to lodge a feature request with Symantec to add a column to that screen indicating the specific media that was used...?

Colin_Weaver

At the top of these forums in the Create Content section is an option for "Idea"

Ideas are ways for customers to submit enhancement requests