cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEMCLI script to import server list and create backup jobs

graham_alexande
Not applicable

I am looking for a way withing BEMCLI to create a script which will import a list of servers from a txt or csv file and then create a backup job indiviually for each server backing up to disk first, then duplicating to tape once a week, and daily differentials.

I would also like another script which would do the same but for virtual servers.

This would fix a bug we have found and raised with Symantec support and enable us to continue performing our migration over to backup exec 2014.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can use the Get-BEAgentServer cmdlet to list the servers, but this only lists servers which are known to BE, i.e., they are listed in the BE console.  Also, it does not distinguish between real and virtual servers.

As for jobs, take a look at the Set-BEBackupDefinition,Add-BEBackupSelection, Add-BEFullBackupTask & Add-BEIncrementalBackupTask cmdlets

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can use the Get-BEAgentServer cmdlet to list the servers, but this only lists servers which are known to BE, i.e., they are listed in the BE console.  Also, it does not distinguish between real and virtual servers.

As for jobs, take a look at the Set-BEBackupDefinition,Add-BEBackupSelection, Add-BEFullBackupTask & Add-BEIncrementalBackupTask cmdlets