cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEW folders reside on client devices

bojangles29
Not applicable

We have noticed that we are accumulating folders on our Backup Exec client servers that roughly match the dates of our pushed updates to the  client servers from our Backup Exec server.  The number of folders on each server varies and some are shared and some are not.  The folders reside in the root level of the C: drive and have the same naming format "BEW-hexcode"  (i.e.  BEW-789G8348K8348G908432S3434T4343L)

I have read that other people say these should have been removed by Backup Exec and that you can manually delete them.  My question is how can I resolve this to where Backup Exec will automatically delete these instead of manually removing each instance?

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As far as I know that is the temp folder that the push install uses - so as long as the install is successful they can be removed.

Yes they should automatically get removed - however if you have security restrictions or group policies limiting access to perform certain activities remotely then this might be the cause of these folders being left behind.