cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWS 12.5 backups summary report on e-mail - how to configure?

Olympia69
Level 3

Hi guys,

Can anybody tell me how can I schedule an e-mail summary report/notification of all the jobs at BEWS 12.5, which to be received on a daily, weekly and monthly basis?

I managed to schedule a "Report *****" job, which contains summary for the backups on BE. However, the received e-mail about this job contains ONLY that a job "Report *****"  has completed successfully but there is no summary content in the e-mail, regarding the status of the completion of the backps.

Thanks for instructions in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check under Tools - Options - Job Logs

What is enabled under " Information to include in the job log "

You could prolly set it to the last option, however bear in mind, the size increases

Olympia69
Level 3

VJware, nothing really happens. Are there anywhere published procedures about how to configure e-mail reports from Backup Exec?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you configured the job so that the job log is attached to the mail once the job completes? No need to push up the level of logging unless you need to see every file that was backed up!

Olympia69
Level 3

The report job contains the information (completion statuses of backup specifications) that I don't receive on e-mail. As e-mail I only receive that the Report job has completed successfully.