cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Restore Using Recovery CD Fails: "backup exec job engine system service is not responding"

T-Dog
Level 3

I was trying to do a BMR recovery of 32bit Windows 2003 Server using the 32bit Simplified Disaster Recovery CD. I was able to connect to the backup server and choose the latest backup of that particular server which is stored on NAS. When the restoration progress window appeared, I noticed that it was able to connect and authorize with the backup server. But, the transferred data remained in 0 for some time and an error message popped up saying the following message. "The job failed with the following error:Backup exec job engine system service is not responding." I checked and the mentioned service is indeed running. I tried restarting it and still the same error pops up. Any way I can resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Is your hardware 64bit but just running a 32bit OS - if yes it might be worth trying the 64 bit version of the SDR CD.

T-Dog
Level 3
The hardware is also 32bit. When I checked the failed job log in the management console, it says "No backup servers are available". I even tried restarting the server, but still no luck.

T-Dog
Level 3

Bump! I need this issue to be solved fairly soon.

T-Dog
Level 3

the hardware is also 32 bit