cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back up hangs in the ''ready state'' and no scheduled back ups

Eli_A
Level 2
-When I try to run a back up, the task hangs in the ''ready state. How can I fix this??
-Also, the scheduled back-ups, which were working fine until a week ago, are no longer scheduled. How can I turn the scheduled back-ups back on? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Are you backing up local server or is it a remote server?

Are you getting any media related alerts?

Are you backing up databases like exchange or SQL?

are you egtting errors in teh application or system event logs?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Eli_A
Level 2
Hi,
-It's a local server.

-and i'm backing up Microsoft Exchange.

- Also, my anti-virus icon in the system tray auto-protect appears to be disabled, but when I go into the settings the "auto-protect" box is checked and enabled.

any suggestions?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Since when does this problem occur? Had you changed anything on the server before the problem started....anything like the credentials of the account or so?

Do only the Exchange backups hang in a ready state or does it happen with all the other jobs too? As asked in our previous mail, check if you get any media related alerts in the alerts tab in backup exec? Also look for errors in the Windows event logs. This might help us in better analysing the problem.
You can also run an sgmon as per the following technote before running the job and then paste the relevant part indicating errors in your next post:

How to create SGMON.LOG please refer the following technote
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190979.htm

Revert with details on the above.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.