Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackUp Exec 2012 browser.exe error

thanos21
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello everybody

I am trying to install (upgrade from 12.5) backup exec 2012 to a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 machine 32 bit. Despite the fact that this o/s edition is included in the operating system compatibility list, it prompts the following error:

Error 127 loading DVD browser plugin

i found that this error is about SP 2 but SP2 is already installed in my machine.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

As a matter of interest, are you able to install BE 2012 on another machine as a test?

If not, you might have a corrupted installation ISO, assuming it was downloaded. In this case, you'd have to redownload the ISO and try once more.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

As a matter of interest, are you able to install BE 2012 on another machine as a test?

If not, you might have a corrupted installation ISO, assuming it was downloaded. In this case, you'd have to redownload the ISO and try once more.

Thanks!

thanos21
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Also, if i choose "run as" and choose current user (the domain admin) the error prompted is about "unable to load language settings file"

thanos21
Level 4
Partner Accredited

We have tested two different isos, mine and customer's. I also burned the iso and used the cd and have the same error.

This is totally stupid

thanos21
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Problem solved. Thanks a lot. Both isos corrupted. used third one and it worked.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just wanted to inform that new ISO is available on www.fileconnect.symantec.com

This new ISO includes SP1a already included in it which resolved many installation issues.

I recommend you to use the new ISO.

Thanks,

-Sush...