Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Error - #V-275-439 - Backup Exec 2012

Business_Commun
Level 2
Partner

Backing up Error - #V-275-439 - Backup Exec 2012

Hi, I'm running a full backup of my server using Backup Exec 2012. I have the backup configure to use a hard drive. Why am I getting this error?

I've also found out that, it is not backing up the the G drive that I've program on Storage. It is backing up to one of my network storage drive. I'm so confused.

I'm getting this error - but I'm using a usb hard drive though? Any help is appreciated.

Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well. Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media.

5 REPLIES 5

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Is this error related to GRT enabled backup-to-disk jobs?

I've also found out that, it is not backing up the the G drive that I've program on Storage

Is the job targetted at a disk storage pool, instead of disk storage created on your G:\ ?

Business_Commun
Level 2
Partner

I don't understand the question.  You are correct, the job targetted at a disk storage pool instead of going to the G drive that I've program, but I don't know why?.

Right now I have a backup running and I can't even cancel it.  I've right click these are grey out:  Hold Backups, Run Next Back Up Now, Convert to Virtual Machine, Remove, Update, and Establish trust.

Basically, I'm struck. 

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You have to select a particular Disk storage in job properties in storage options instead of selecting Any Disk Storage. Make this change, run the job and see if any positive comes out it.

If no option is working to cancel the job, restarting services might help. 

Business_Commun
Level 2
Partner

I've did choose the Hard Disk Drive G.  I didn't choose any disk storage.   

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is your network drive online?

How do you attach your network drive to the media server? If you are using mapped drive, then change it to use the network drive's UNC path.  Mapped drive are associated with an online session and BE runs as a batch job, so it cannot back up to a mapped drive.