cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up From Exchange Server with Backup Exec 2010 R3

visualmahdi
Level 2

Hi Guys,

there is a question about backing up from Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Group with Backup Exec 2010 R3!

I have a backup server that I installed BE2010 R3 SP4 on it, that its OS is Windows Server 2008,

In other side, I have a Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (of course with DAG-there are 2 servers that I clustered them - Database Availability Group in my Domain), that its OS is Windows Server 2012,

and accourding to manuals that the friends said in Symantec frums:

1- I add the agent for Microsoft Exchange License, to BE2010 software, (2 licenses - 1 for each one)

2- and I install Remote Agent for windows server on all Exchange Servers,

3- there is admin access from BE2010 to Exchange Servers and Domain,

But

When I want to add a Forest in MS Exchange DAG list in Resources of BE, with Server name or IP adding, there is no action in BE, but when I try to add a forest with My Domain name, it recognized My DAG server and add it in list,

but there is no content for it ... Its free !

I think that It may have a problem with connecting from DAG (service) with Exchange Servers,

or another thing ...

But Please help me with answering about "is there any special configuration for DAG when I want to get backup from Exchange 2013 ???"

or " Is it need more setting in Backup Exec for getting backup from Exchange 2013 ?"

and , whats your idea about this problem ?

why after knowing DAG in resources, but BE cant see the Content of It ????

Regards,

Mahdi.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2010 does not support Exchange 2013. Would recommend to upgrade to BE 2014 and secondly, the media server must be at least Win 2008 x64 or newer.

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

For this to work you'd need the following:

1. Another media server on which to install BE 2014...you cannot run 2 versions of BE on the same server.

2. Make do with possible warnings that the version of the remote agent on the Exchange server is outdated. If you decided to upgrade the agent during the trial it would mean that your current BE 2010 R3 media server won't be able to backup the Exchange server anymore.

Other than that, a trial of BE 2014 is definitely possible.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2010 does not support Exchange 2013. Would recommend to upgrade to BE 2014 and secondly, the media server must be at least Win 2008 x64 or newer.

visualmahdi
Level 2

Hi Dear VJware,

thanks for answer,

my media server`s os is MS Win Server 2008 R2 x64,

but, may I try this feature (getting back up from exchange server) in Trial version (initial) with BE 2014 for test it?

Does this software (BE2014 trial version) let my test it ?

thanks.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

For this to work you'd need the following:

1. Another media server on which to install BE 2014...you cannot run 2 versions of BE on the same server.

2. Make do with possible warnings that the version of the remote agent on the Exchange server is outdated. If you decided to upgrade the agent during the trial it would mean that your current BE 2010 R3 media server won't be able to backup the Exchange server anymore.

Other than that, a trial of BE 2014 is definitely possible.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to www.backupexec.com and click on trialware to download the trial