cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up a Lotus Domino server fails after SEP installation

thundertrax
Level 2

Dear all,

We are using Symantec Backup Exec 2012 (version 14.0 Rev. 1798) to backup a  Lotus Domino server (both Backup Exec and Lotus Domino on seperate deticated sevrers) without any issues. We have recently migrated to Symantec Endpoint Protection for antivirus protection. After installing SEP client on the Lotus domino server (basic AV & SONAR) the backup fails with the following error:

V-79-57344-33976 - Error. Cannot backup directory \ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion ...

If i deselect the specified directory, disaster recovery turns off and we would like to keep that feature. Please note that all Lotus Domino directoruies are excluded on the SEP client - both for AV & SONAR.

Thank you,

Charis

3 REPLIES 3

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Charis, 

The contents of the "CurrentVersion" folder in Symantec Endpoint Protection(SEP) is processed differently during a backup. You might want to add a Global Exclusion in Backup Exec 2012 to not perform a backup of the Current Version folder associated to SEP. 

Please refer to the following links for doing so: 

Use the global exclusions list in Backup Exec 2012: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186792

Exclude Files and Folders options: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74341

thundertrax
Level 2

Dear Siddhant,

Thank you for your reply. I have added global exclusions but unfortunately the job still fails. The job fails even after i go manually on the backup set and i deselect the specific path. The only way i can backup the server at the moment is by completely uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Any other ways to solve this?

Charis

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Chairs, uninstalling SEP would leave your system vulnerable.I'd request you to open a case with us so that we could gather the required logs to diagnose the issue further.