cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup 2 Disk how can i specify different folder?

rfeigen
Not applicable

Hi

In an effort to keep my B2D media organized I was hoping to have different jobs backup to different folders but I am not seeing a way to specify the destinations when add a drive to the pool.  I have 5 USB drives that I rotated M to F.  All the jobs, on all the drives, are current are storedin the /B2D directory.  I tried creating a seperate share, and adding the disk as network storage but got an error that it was a local disk

3 REPLIES 3

MKART
Level 3
Employee

Hi,

Backup Exec 2012 doesn't allow you to specify the folders for creating B2D, If the device is directly connected to Media server.

I would suggest you to connect the device to a remote computer (Remote Agent must be installed on the remote computer) and  create a folder and share it. Then try to configure network storage with this share. Now you should be able to use the folder. 

Please be noted that only one B2D can be configured on a local drive (per drive). In case of remote share, yes, you can have multiple B2D folders configured.

Hope this helps you.

Regards.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
@rfeigen - For BE 2012, you cannot have more than one disk storage per volume, so what you are trying to do is impossible. Don't waste your time micro-managing your backup sets. Let BE do what it is designed to do, I.e., manage your backup sets for you

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In case of remote share, yes, you can have multiple B2D folders configured.

No. This is not true. For BE 2012, you cannot have more than one disk storage per volume, regardless of whether the disk is local or remote