cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup EXEC Liveupdate must Register, won't work...

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Hi folks i decided to share my own path to solve the error that has been appeared to me since i'm using "testing" BE 2012 in severall equipments arround here.

Yesterday i did a full clean install of BE 2012 SBE in HP Server with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard X64 and after finishing the installation i tried to Liveupdate and i get the message, BE Exec must register with Liveupdate ... i press the register button and error appeared, so here's what i did to bypass and solve this issue.

1º To do a correct Liveupdate, always but allways open BE EXEC with Run as Administrator

2º Go to Control Panel and remove Liveupdate, if possibel reboot it helps.

3º Go to yours BE EXEC DVD installation and look for the folder BE\WinNT\Install\LiveUpdate\EN or what ever language you wanna use and install using again the "Run as administrator" the LUSETP.EXE

4º Reboot if possible and open BE EXEC 2012 again as "Run as Administrator" and Liveupdate will run with no issues.

Best regards to all....

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

We recommend disabling User Access Control for both reliable Live Update use (and as it happens as a requirement for redirected complete VM restores into ESX.)

This of course then means that as long as your are logged in as an Administrator your don't need to mess with the Run as Administrator command.

You can aso adjust the BE resgitration into LiveUpdate using BEUpdateOps.exe (Command Line Tool)