cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d Blue Ray storage target

ECH
Not applicable
I haven't been able to locate the requirements for the removable backup-to-disk targets with regard to hardware support.  In particular, I'm looking at potentially changing a tape drive (DAT72) for a BD-R DL writer.  Is this supported with Backup Exec?  Also, does Backup Exec rely upon a certain subsystem for CD/DVD support (IMAPI?)?  This may help me locate the limitations of the media and platform options.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
 "Removable Backup to Disk" in terms of the option inside the Device section of the Backup Exec Admin console is referring to removable harddisk type products such as USB drives it is not the ability to write an ISO DVD or CD.

The only CD creation inside of Backup Exec is the ability to make a boot Disaster Recovery CD - but this only makes an ISO image you still need 3rd party burning software to create the CD. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
 "Removable Backup to Disk" in terms of the option inside the Device section of the Backup Exec Admin console is referring to removable harddisk type products such as USB drives it is not the ability to write an ISO DVD or CD.

The only CD creation inside of Backup Exec is the ability to make a boot Disaster Recovery CD - but this only makes an ISO image you still need 3rd party burning software to create the CD.