Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11D No SNMP options

AnanthaKVH
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure SNMP trap list on Backup Exec 11d

Help file says to navigate under Tools ----> Recipient -----> Select Recipient list -----> New Recipient

Select SNMP out of the five options

1) Person

2) SNMP

3) Net Send

4) Printer

5) Group

I'm able to see all the above options except for "SNMP"

I have installed SNMP in the windows Add/Remove program but still no help

Can any one please help me on what I need to do to get the SNMP option under the recipient options

Regards,

Anantha

Message Edited by AnanthaKVH on 03-27-2008 11:21 PM
5 REPLIES 5

njcwotx
Level 3
Same issue here.  SNMP is installed and working on windows.  Also, I checked "send SNMP notifications' in alert categories to no luck.

bobaboo
Level 2
yep, getting this too 11d and 10d. There is a help file on installing a WMI SNMP provider, but this too fails. I suspect that SNMP may need installing prior to BUE being installed. But i need to find out!

bobaboo
Level 2
i have managed to get it working. But, it is not visible through the GUI. registered besnmpmg.dll in prog files, after install win SNMP service.

bobaboo
Level 2
just to confirm, as suspected an SNMP provider needs installing prior to installing BUE. Install in add/remove then re-install BUE. You will then find the SNMP option is available through alerts and catergories. There is also a MIB file on the BUE media CD for import into a SNMP trap program..

AnanthaKVH
Level 2

Hi Thanks for your reply,

We had installed the SNMP provider post BUE installation I think that is reason why we are not getting any "SNMP" options

Any way we managed to get it working by defining the SNMP trap destination at windows itself that is at windows SNMP properties and its working

We will try to uninstall and reinstall BUE may be later

Thanks for you time and help on this

Regards,

Anantha