cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d Job History Lists Only Last Three Completed Jobs

David_Yalden__I
Level 3
Am running BUExec 11d which seems to operate flawlessly except for one problem - the Job History only lists the last three completed jobs. Regardless of the job type, when job four, five, six, etc. completes, the previous jobs ''disappear'' and no changning of the filter (All Jobs, Last 7 Days, etc.) displays anything more than the most recent three.

System configuration:
Windows Server 2003 SBS Premium
Symantec BUExec 11d (with hotfixes 6, 9 and 10 via LiveUpdate)
HP LTO2 Tape Drive on an Adaptec 39160 SCSI card
2GB RAM
AMD 3000+ CPU
5 REPLIES 5

David_Yalden__I
Level 3
Incidentally, this was a fresh install of EVERYTHING. From OS to BUExec 11d - no upgrades from previous versions.

OS is sp1
Exchange Server is sp2

Philip_Pearson
Level 6
What is your job log set to under tools/options/database maintenance?

David_Yalden__I
Level 3
I have enabled Database Maintenance (checked)

The maintenance runs at 4:00 AM (default) daily and I have selected to Delete Aged Data with the ''Keep Job History for data on media that have current overwrite protection periods'' selected and am running the below settings.

Job Logs - 30 Days
Alert History - 7 days
Reports - 14 days
Audit Logs - 30 days

The only other checked option is the ''Save contents of database to the Backup Exec data directory.''

I'd completely forgotten about that setting and see that it might be deleting the job once it writes to the media; however, I overwrite the Weekly Backup tape each time that job is run (obviously weekly) and append to the daily mailbox backups so I don't see why it would not be showing the completed appended jobs for at least the week, if not until the tape is overwritten.

I've deselected the ''Delete Aged Data'' checkbox and will see what happens with tonight's backup job, though I suspect it may run fine. I will apprise in the morning when I check the Job History.

Thanks for the reminder!

David

David_Yalden__I
Level 3
That was it!

I'd completely forgotten about the setting to clear the Job History, and associated logs, after X days.

Thanks for the reminder, Philip!

Adrian_Iwanczuk
Level 2
I had the same problem between two different BE 12.5 installations and it was just a discrepancy in this setting.  Thanks again!