cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.0 Licensing Issue

devaneconor
Level 2
Hi
I have two servers that I want to backup data on using Backup Exec 12.0 Rev. 1364
The server running the main Backup Exec software is a Windows Server 2008 standard edition
The server ruinning the Backup Exec Remote agent software is a Windows Server 2003 r2 Standard 64bit edition.

I can backup the data on the main server no problem.
However when I add data from the remote server I get an error message during backup.
The error message is as follows: e0009418  - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

This software was working fine for a couple of months after initial install but has stopped working recently.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
8 REPLIES 8

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Do you have a license for the remote agent installed?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You need to purchase and install a Remote Agent on the W2K3 machine

(Yes, that is a mis-leading error message :) (

devaneconor
Level 2
Yes remote agent has been purchased and installed. The software says that Remote Agent has been purchased and installed.
As I said it had been working fine before and suddenly stopped working with the error code above

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Double check that the media server thinks that the RAWS serial is installed. 

That "couple of months" sounds suspiciously like the 60-day trial has expired

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Also, if you had SQL, Exchange or another option selected in the job that may be what is causing the failure.  You may want to try creating a new selection list for the job to backup that server to clear out any of those selections.

Dev_T
Level 6
As it was working befoer, Remove and add the licenses again.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

you're not perhaps backing up to a library/autoloader with 2 drives? If so, have you added a second drive license into BEWS?

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any news here...?