cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Communications Failure

ZGoggins
Level 5

Last night my backup job failed because it couldnt connect to my exchange server. It failed with a few different errors. One being a communications failure has occured, the media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on my mail server, and the connection to target system has been lost. I also notice that when i go into the job setup tab and open the job that failed, under the selections property it says connection with server failed. Has anyone ran into this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Cool...either browse to your All Programs --> Symantec from the Start Menu and open up the RAWS agent exe, or look near your time in the bottom right hand corner for the icon.

Open it up and go to the Publishing tab. Either your media server's IP address or name should be in there. Nothing else (ie. no loopback address).

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

Have you verified tghe following:

1. The RAWS agent is running on the server in question?

2. That it is publishing correctly to your media server (either via IP or name)?

3. That if you have a firewall on the server in question, port 10000 is open (or turn the firewall off)?

4. That any AV on that server isn't perhaps blocking the BE services from running correctly?

Start with those and post back with an update.

THanks!

ZGoggins
Level 5

Ok so the RAWS agent wasnt running which i am going to assume was issue. Now how do i verify that it is publishing correctly? I have the backup utility up and see the publishing tab but how do i know its actually working?

CraigV

Cool...either browse to your All Programs --> Symantec from the Start Menu and open up the RAWS agent exe, or look near your time in the bottom right hand corner for the icon.

Open it up and go to the Publishing tab. Either your media server's IP address or name should be in there. Nothing else (ie. no loopback address).

Thanks!

ZGoggins
Level 5

ok great. thats the only thing in there so we shall find out if it works tomorrow. thanks!!