cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 DB fail after installing Sharepoint services 3.0

Falcone
Level 2
Hello, need some help here. We have a Windows 2008 server running SQL server 2005, the Database backup had been fine up untill we installed Sharepoint server 3.0, we're running remote agent for this backup.

Now we get this following error message whenever we try to backup the db, we have no problem with file backup though.

V-79-65323-3201 -
An error occurred on a query to database Mydbase.
V-79-65323-3201 - Cannot open backup device 'Mydbase._00__54d81538_a37f_4bf9_a862_381f270f4a76_'. Operating system error 0x80770006(error not found).
The item mydatabaseserver.com\Mydbase. in use - skipped.

I have search through the knowledgebase and this is the nearest I have found but, it didn't solve our issue here.
www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-fails-after-installing-sharepoint-services-30

It's there a solution to this or we have to relocated Sharepoint to another server?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcone
Level 2
Seems by installing default, WSS 3.0 will install SQL express engine #SSEE instead of using the SQL server 2005, thus having 2 SQL engine and 2 instances in the server. By looking at previous thread in this fourm I suspected that this was the cause, and remove completely WSS 3.0 and reinstalled again but this time using server farm options and choosing SQL 2005 as the db. Backup Execs works now, my case is close now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Falcone
Level 2
Seems by installing default, WSS 3.0 will install SQL express engine #SSEE instead of using the SQL server 2005, thus having 2 SQL engine and 2 instances in the server. By looking at previous thread in this fourm I suspected that this was the cause, and remove completely WSS 3.0 and reinstalled again but this time using server farm options and choosing SQL 2005 as the db. Backup Execs works now, my case is close now.