cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Remote License Issue

mattrv
Level 2

Hi,

Having an issue with backing up a Remote Server using Backup Exec 12.5 Rev. 2213

I was using a standard license and that backed up fine (and for the remote server) for around 60 days.  I assume it had stopped working because the evaluation period for the Remote Backup ran out.

Since then, I have installed the Remote License Key, it's been accepted and created a completely clean job (new selection list etc......) but the same error continues.

I have also reinstalled Remote Agent Utility on the Remote server but issue continues.  It backs up what i need it to backup on the local server but then comes up with error message below.  Changing the Resource order of the job has had no effect. it still backs up the local server then fails.

Error Message reads;

License Violation A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec. Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec. Access to the device \\server\e: is not authorized with this edition of the product.

Any ideas please? O/S is Server 2000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello 

Open Add remove programs, highlight BE12.5 and then click on change. Additional options must be already selected

Click on next, remove remote agent license and proceed further. Once its done again follow the same procedure but

this time add the remote agent license, it should take 3-4 mins to install the license key. During the process BE should

stop the services apply the license key and then again start the services.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mattrv
Level 2

Unfortunately, that's not resolved the issue.  Any further suggestions?

Cheers anyways

mattrv
Level 2

Hi,

Looks like this has got it but will update later

Thanks so much, i owe you a drink laugh

Matt

AmolB
Simply take a backup of a file or folder from the remote server to confirm if it has worked.

AmolB
Hello 

Open Add remove programs, highlight BE12.5 and then click on change. Additional options must be already selected

Click on next, remove remote agent license and proceed further. Once its done again follow the same procedure but

this time add the remote agent license, it should take 3-4 mins to install the license key. During the process BE should

stop the services apply the license key and then again start the services.