cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Restoring to a new domain. HELP!!!

Simon_Brooks
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Could someone please help me out here.

We've recently moved all of our systems from an old Windows SBS 2003 system to a completely new Windows 2008 domain as it was easier than migrating. In the process of this we moved the tape drive and backup software to a new machine with a new name.

However we have come across one major issue. We have been using BE12.5 for our backups on a Quantum Tape drive, and we need to restore some data from one of the tapes to our database server on the new domain.  Unfortunately we don't seem to be able to read the tapes as they are encrypted. Now we have the encryption pass phrase, but that doesn't seem to help, as BE will not catalog the tapes (gives a 0 file size - I have tried to remove the disk catalog files but it does exactly the same again).

We've also tried to restore the old backup database with the encryption data to the new server and it removes our tape drive from the list of available storage devices and I cannot get it back (probably a lack of knowledge here rather than anything else!). 

Is there a way that I can access these tapes from our new servers or am I going to have to put the tape drive back into the old server (which is now on the new domain, but not used as the backup server although it still has the software and database on it at the moment) to have any hope of getting the data back?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

0 REPLIES 0