cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 DLO Alerts Disabled

MrPaulManley
Level 2
I have Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 that is used for DLO only. My problem is that every time I do a live update on the server, I stop receiving the e-mail alerts that I have setup. In fact, when I look at the configured alerts, they are all reset to the defaults. The recipients are still there, but all the check boxes are cleared.

I have attached an image that shows what the Configure Alerts dialog looks like after a liveupdate. Before a liveupdate, the "send notification of selected alert to recipients" check box is checked and the necessary recipients are selected. After a liveupdate, all boxes are cleared.

This behavior was not recently introduced. It has done it for as long as I can remember and the server has been around since Backup Exec 11d was the most recent product. Any thoughts or help would be great.

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi MrPaulManley,

did you upgrade Backup Exec 11d to 12.5?
I had a lot of troubles with BE 11d.
Upgrades are not my best option , but I know, sometimes it´s not easy to remove, install, configure an application...
Do you have BE updated to last fixes?
Can you open an Issue with Symantec. I think support can help you.

Regards,

JoaoMatos

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
This issue has been identified recently by Tech Support as being a defect - it is reproduced internally and under investigation.
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/345437

MrPaulManley
Level 2
This issue also appears to affect my global settings. I always have "User Activity Settings" enabled, but this setting also becomes unchecked after a liveupdate hotfix is applied. The attached screenshot shows the unchecked box I am referring to.