cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Schedule jumping ahead days in schedule

Jerry_Lambert
Level 2
I am running Backup Exec 12.5 SP3 in 10 of our offices.  Some of the offices are having problems trying to schedule backups.  You can set up a schedule to run a backup starting on Tuesday, 3/30/10, at 8pm.  This is a Daily job, so the Last Day of the Month is excluded.  After I have scheduled this job, it is showing up in the queue with 3/31/10 as the run date.  It skips right over the first scheduled run date.  This is maddening!  It is happening on many of our servers and driving us crazy!  Is there a patch for this?
4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I had a similar problem at one time.  The scheduled start date was a couple of weeks in the future.  What I did was to delete the job and then re-create it.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

There are 2 places where start times can exist and if they are not the same (or close to the same) then you can get some odd results in terms of when the job thinks it shoudl next run.

Look in the "Priority and Availabiliy" section against the Selection List and the the Schedule of the job and make sure that the "First Availabile Date" in the selection list matches the effective date in the Job Schedule.

Note if the settings against teh selection list arte not enabled then you won't be having this problem - but if they are enabeld then this could be your problem

pkh
   VIP    Certified
@Colin - I just had a job gone "funny" on me. I have a daily job and I wanted to test a new variation of the job. I added today's date as an exclude date to the job schedule and as expected, the next scheduled run for the job is tomorrow night. I had to postpone the test, so I remove today from the list of excluded date. Contrary to my expectation, the next scheduled run did not change to tonight, but remains as tomorrow night. I had to create a one-off job to replace tonight's run. The Availability Window for my selection list is not enabled.

Jerry_Lambert
Level 2
Colin,

The Priority and Availability option was not in use for the "First Date Available".  The three offices that seem to be affected most by this are in a different time zone from the rest of our offices.  We are in the Eastern time zone.  Our Los Angeles office is Pacific and Chicago and Lisle (Illinois) are in the Central.  

We ran our Month End backup last night in Los Angeles.  The job ran fine, but it rescheduled itself for 5/31/10!  Guess we don't get a Month End backup in April!!!  Also, the Daily and Mail backups jumped over 4/1/10 and are now scheduled to run on 4/2/10 at 12am!  These jobs are normally scheduled to run at 8pm and 6pm!  Any ideas?  This is really ticking me off!