cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 - Selections wont apply...

Supra_Edd
Level 4
I'm using Backup Exec 12.5, on Server 2003 with an MSL unit.
Since upgrading to 12.5 I've found increasing problems with selection lists when 'un ticking' folders. After un ticking folders that I dont want backed up, and pressing ok, nothin will happen for about a mimute apart from the OK button being depressed on screen.
The button will then pop up. pressing ok will do nothing, pressing cancel will close the window. Non of the changes are saved at all, its a real problem.

This happens to old backup jobs created before the upgrade, and brand new backup jobs.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Edd...
5 REPLIES 5

DR0701
Level 5
Is your server dedicated to doing the backups, i.e. would a little bit of downtime affect any other systems?

The reason I ask is that it might be worthwhile taking a copy of your data and catalogs folders, then uninstalling and reinstalling BE12.5, in case it was the act of upgrading it that has caused issues?

Supra_Edd
Level 4
yes its dedicated. i thought of doing that exactly. just wanted to see if there would be a less drastic solution first. we have done many upgrades in the past and havnt had the issue :(

DR0701
Level 5
We had various major issues when we upgraded from 10d to 11d a couple of years ago, including a BE database that was growing out of control, and backup jobs that were never completing as they should have been

In the end, we removed 11d and reinstalled it from scratch, and it worked perfectly after that.

Supra_Edd
Level 4
intresting about the backup jobs not completing. how could you tell how large the database was? I'll check that out too.

rookie11
   VIP   
hey why don't  call up symantec support