cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Tape Ejecting

pissnonhaters
Level 2
I am running Backup Exec on my SBS Server.  For some reason every night after the job completes it is still ejecting the tape, even though the "Eject media after job competes" option is unchecked.  The jobs complete successfully, and the server has been rebooted multiple times.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wesley
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

As far as I know, if  Eject-on-End is not selected, the only reason the tape would be ejecting is if it is filling up

Any possibility that the job is asking for another tape, and is timing out before one is provided and thus ending?

pissnonhaters
Level 2

I don't think it's filling up.  There's only 100GB of data and the tapes are 350GB.  The job runs at night, but when I look at it the next morning, it's not asking for another tape.  And it says it successfully completed.

pissnonhaters
Level 2

I don't think it's filling up.  There's only 100GB of data and the tapes are 350GB.  The job runs at night, but when I look at it the next morning, it's not asking for another tape.  And it says it successfully completed.

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Might want to try running tracer on the server to see when the eject command is getting sent to the tape drive, this may help to determine what is making it eject. If it's not ejecting at the end of the backup, another process may be trying to use the drive and ejects the tape.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/285630

rookie11
   VIP   
tracer worked in my case also