cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTO 4 Drives shown as WORM devices

sbv
Level 3

Hi all,

Sorry for stupid question -- it came after I have spent 2 weeks tried to make RMALS on Oracle RAC on RHEL 64 to backup to shared library over fiber. (Symantec tech support won't help) Heh.

The question:

I have strange problem got with our BE12.5.

Device applet shows me that I have WORM tape drives in out tape library STK-500 instead normal icons.

Please see attached file.

I know that it is capable to work with WORM. Also I know that there are no one WORM media in.

I have tried to reinstall drivers; have tried to delet and redicover library but it doesn't work -- the icons are still the same.

Do anybody know how to repair BE to have normal style icons that reflect reality?

I suspect that this can cause the problem with RMALS. I mean that BE can think that drive has WORM media, or provide wrong info to RMALS, or whatever.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sbv
Level 3
Thank you Sir!

Heh - Symantec Advanced Tech support guy was ready to troubleshoot this issue, but asked me to open new case for that.

Heh.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   

All IBM LTO4 drives support WORM, therefore the icon is correct and you cannot change it.  That icon indicates that the drive SUPPORTS WORM, not that there is a WORM media in the drive currently.  RMALS should work fine with this drive, with regular or WORM media.

sbv
Level 3
Thank you Sir!

Heh - Symantec Advanced Tech support guy was ready to troubleshoot this issue, but asked me to open new case for that.

Heh.

Thanks again.