cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 and Exchange Server 2007 SP2

tmelv79
Level 4

Hi All,

After backing up an Exchange Server 2007 SP2 database successfully using Backup Exec 12.5 for the past couple of months I am now receiving an error.

V-79-57344-34070 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open Fil...
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on...
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

I have rebooted the Exchange server and restarted the Backup Exec services.

I tried creating a new job but notice that I can no longer see the 'Microsoft Information Store' option when expanding the Exchange Server in the selection list.

I've have also turned off the 'Advanced Open File Option' but this resulted in the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Colin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please check if you have the valid exchange license for it. Click on tools - options - install options and license key and verify you have the license key.

This comes whey you are running it in evualation.

If you have the license key then remove it and install it. Then add the license key again and install it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please check if you have the valid exchange license for it. Click on tools - options - install options and license key and verify you have the license key.

This comes whey you are running it in evualation.

If you have the license key then remove it and install it. Then add the license key again and install it.

tmelv79
Level 4

Hi,

Yes, that was the problem. My evaluation license of the Exchange Agent had expired. Thanks for your help.

Colin.