cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5

David_Dave
Level 4

Hello,

Since last week I have an error when the Full backup is working. The backup failed with error E00084C7, the fail appears when he verify the backup. I don't know if it's the backup or the verify who are the problem.

This is the error that I receive by email :

(Server: "backup") (Job: "Weekly Full Backup") Weekly Full Backup -- The job failed with the following error: A tape read/write error has occurred.  This is usually caused by dirty read/write heads in the tape drive.  Clean the tape drive, and then try the job again.  If the problem persists, try a different tape.  You may also need to check for problems with cables, termination, or other hardware issues.

Last week the slot which have problem was slot 5 and today it's the slot 8. I cleaned up all the tapes drive but I have always the same error.

Is my tape drive broken, can I fix this problem?

Kind regards.

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You'd need to replace the drive if it's broken and then that would sort it out.

What is the make of the device? If HP, get hold of HP Library & Tape Tools and run the diagnostics to rule out hardware errors.

You can also go into your Media tab in BE, and check those tapes for excessive errors. If possible, also try with a new tape and see if the error persists...

Thanks!

David_Dave
Level 4

Thank you for your answer.

All tapes were changed with new tapes but the error persists.

It's a Terra device. I will check if I can run a diag on the device.

Thanks

Dev_T
Level 6

Have you tried to run the same job on a B2D folder to isolate the tape issue?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can also use NTBackup to verify the tape drive fumctionality.(If diagnostic tools from vendor are not available with you)

Regards..

dharmz
Level 3
Partner Accredited

(Server: "backup") (Job: "Weekly Full Backup") Weekly Full Backup -- The job failed with the following error: A tape read/write error has occurred.  This is usually caused by dirty read/write heads in the tape drive.  Clean the tape drive, and then try the job again.  If the problem persists, try a different tape.  You may also need to check for problems with cables, termination, or other hardware issues.

this can be a issue with the tape drive. what does the diagnostic logs say?

thanks

David_Dave
Level 4

What do you need in the diagnostic file, they are so many information...

In event viewer I have :

event id 33152

adamm mover error : read failure!

Error = ERROR_CRC

Drive = "HP1'

Media = "LTO0008"

Do you want that I add the log file?

Kind regards.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi David,

Have you selected write test while doing the diagnostic tests? If selectes what was the result of that test?

Regards..

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...at first read, that looks like an error with the tape, but you need to run a diagnostic check on your hardware to rule that out.

Dev_T
Level 6

Try a test backup on a B2D folder to isolate the TAPE issue...