cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 DLO & Office 2007 SP2 issue

M_Selinger
Level 3
Hey All,
I've recently installed SP2 for MS Office 2007 and since doing so, the DLO agent doesn't want to start.  The Backup Exec software is as up to date as possible.  Anyone else experienceing this?  I would think that symantec would release an update to adjust for whatever changes have occured with the MS service pack but not sure this has been tested?  Thanks.
Mike
14 REPLIES 14

chicojrman
Level 6
So do you have exchange and MS office 2007 on your server, what OS is your server? Maybe uninstall sp2 for office 2007 to see if that fixes it? Maybe reinstall the DLO agent again.

Richard_Jenner
Not applicable
I am experienceing the same thing issue. Since installing Office 2007 SP2 the machine is coming up with a DLO had to close error just after the user has logged on. I have seen a few posts from people with the same issue but no solution yet that i have found

Tomas_Paulas
Level 2
After installing SP2 and restart facing the same.

Gerold_Helweg
Level 2
After installing Office 2007 SP2 we got the same problem. Waiting for solution

Gerold_Helweg
Level 2
After installing Office 2007 SP2 we got the same problem. Waiting for solution

chad5k1
Level 2
We have the same issue.  Uninstalling SP2 on many remote machines is not really a great option :(

WaBl
Not applicable
Hello there, we have the same problem. The DLO-Client is still active and the message comes up when open a MS Office 2007 product.
Uninstalling SP2 is not sufficiently! Uninstall the complete Office 2007 solve the problem, but this is not a option for us!!
Thank's for help...

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/323991.htm

Jyrki
Level 3
Hello

Any news about this case? Schedule for fix?
Turning off incremental backups of Outlook PST files is not solution, many users have (many) huge pst files and backuping those every time takes too much time.
Cannot distribute essential Office 2007 SP2 before this bug (or "feature") is fixed...

Rgds, Jyrki

Chris_G1
Not applicable

Additionally -- dlo appears to function fine (even with incremental pst enabled) if you outlook closed.  I wouldn't be shocked if MS changed the rules in sp2 of office 2007 and how it deals with pst file locks.

kkate
Level 5
Accredited
Hi,

wait for Solution,

Or

Call Symantec Technical Support on toll-free
Definately you will get support

ramblreb
Level 4
see above

ramblreb
Level 4

I have the same problem. I installed the hotfix for this (323894) but it still does the same thing. I pushed the agent install and it said it had updates and completed successfully but it still does not work. Add remove programs says the hotfix is installed on the server yet it does not show up in the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\RAWSX64\updates folder. It also does not show up in the pushlist.lst file as an update sent out to the machine in question. This is an X64 server 2003 standard server and an XP X64 workstation running Backup exec 12.5. I am also wondering why the agent on the XP X64 machine is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder. Shouldn’t the agent on an X64 box be an X64 app in the Program Files folder? Now the push agent says there are no updates needed for this workstation yet the DLO file versions on the workstation are not the new versions from the hotfix. What now?

Steven_D_Willia
Not applicable
I also have this problem, applying the hot fix works but you cannot backup incrementally. This is not accepable, some of our Laptop users have 3gb PST files, backup makes lap top unusable whilst backup is in progress. The only help I have been offered from Symantec is to buy a copy of BE 12.5 at a cost of £10551.44. For new 12.5, 7 remote agents and 68 DLO seats, why should I need to upgrade to this when it used to work before surely there should be a fix for such a common problem.