cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 on Windows Server 2008

SamSpade
Not applicable

The following popup message appears when we attempt to open Backup Exec:

"The configuration file that is listed is corrupt. Backup Exec cannot continue. You must delete the user.config file, and then restart the Backup Exec user interface."

I found this exact question on this website, but I didn't see a response to it.

2 REPLIES 2

trinhthimai_ngu
Level 2

Hi everybody.

Our company use Symantec Backup Exec 12 for Windows Servers we set backup job for monthly. This job we used for backup System Drive, shadow and system state. As usual this job run well but on March 01 2009 it generate error I restarted server and try backup again it is still not success

I read log it has error and exception with below.

error:

Backup- OVNC-FS-SRV
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: ... VSS Snapshot error. The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provider selected return...

Exception.

Backup- C: System
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntuser.dat.LOG - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Micr...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Micr...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\1\mmc10706C70.xm...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Micro...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Micro...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Mic...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Mic...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\ovncbackup\NTUSER.DAT - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\ovncbackup\ntuser.dat.LOG - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\ovncbackup\Local Settings\Application Data\Microso...
Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\ovncbackup\Local Settings\Application Data\Microso...

Please help me to solve this problem