cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 14 - Account Issue

bluecloud199
Level 3

Hi,

I'm using Backup Exec 14 on Windows Server 2012R2 and one of my virtual servers is having issue with one logon account as you can see in the pic below and i'm not sure why. ???!?

Please help. thanks,

Untitled.png

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...change the Logon Account to <use server's logon...> if possible and see if it goes through.

Thanks!

bluecloud199
Level 3

I tried this option but it still fails, I also used my domain admin account and it fails as well. What is this Volume anyways ? can i delete it ? because i'm already backing up C: drive

thanks,

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...might be some sort of virtual volume, but if it isn't required, then just remove it from the selection.

Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6

Have you tried to run a backup job on it anyway?  Run a backup job and report back any errors.  If the job is successful then try the credential test again.  Sometimes the Credential test is successful after a backup is ran.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look @ this thread as well - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/be2014-sp2-automated-credentials-check-fails

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Specifically look at this article which I believe is referenced in VJware's link

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH223477

Bascially you will see credentials test failures against the System Reserved partitions but the backups still work. Unfortunately this failure (if seen) will record an overall overnnight alert failure if you still have the regular credentials check still scheduled (and you will probably need to disable the credential test or at least take the advice in the technote

However if you are just looking at manual test, then igniore the failure against the system reserved partition and run a backup.

bluecloud199
Level 3

Imosla:

I tried to run it, but it fails, with the error below:

Backup- \\ServerName\C:V-79-57344-41488 - Due to one or more errors in \\ServerName\C:, this backup cannot be used for conversion to virtual machines, Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR), or a complete online restore.

Storage device "NS Storage" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

Error reported:

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.