cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 16 - Reports Error

fsaraiva
Level 2

Hi,

I'm running Backup Exec 16 in a Windows 2012 R2 server in Trial mode to validate the solution, but when I tried to open the tab Reports, it was completely in blank, there is no report to generate.

Also, when I tried to create a custom there is no category to select and create a custom. 

Anyone already saw an error as this? How can I solve it?

Thanks

Fernando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fsaraiva
Level 2

Hi,

I just found the issue, there is a mistake in the Windows Registry, the install create the key below:

Key: \Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\User Interface, Name: Report Path Remote, Value: \\<SERVER>\<UNIT>$\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\

But the correct one needs to be:

Key: \Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\User Interface, Name: Report Path Remote, Value: \\<SERVER>\<UNIT>$\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Reports

Regards,

Fernando

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

fsaraiva
Level 2

Hi,

I just found the issue, there is a mistake in the Windows Registry, the install create the key below:

Key: \Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\User Interface, Name: Report Path Remote, Value: \\<SERVER>\<UNIT>$\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\

But the correct one needs to be:

Key: \Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\User Interface, Name: Report Path Remote, Value: \\<SERVER>\<UNIT>$\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\Reports

Regards,

Fernando