cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010\ Exchange 2003

dcs115
Level 2

I updated to Backup Exec 2010 from v12 last week, and since, I have been having constant trouble getting backups done. It appears that halfway through a full Exchange 2003 backup, Backup Exec throws this error and fails " 0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors. Final error category: Resource Errors". When I check on the server, the "Backup Exec Services Manager" has all services stopped.

Backup Exec is installed locally on the box that it is backing up, so I’m not quite sure why it needs a remote agent (though I know some apps are starting to require remote agents even for local installs). This error also shows up in the logs right before the error above "Faulting application beremote.exe, version 13.0.2896.0, faulting module BEDSMBox.dll, version 13.0.2896.0, fault address 0x00024dbf". This error has also showing up periodically "An error occurred while processing a B2D command. 

spnRequest: Initialize() CreateFileMapping failed (SPN_DeviceMemory).  Error=5". 

I'm not really sure whats going on and would appreciate any help. I was having no problems on v12.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You might want to look at this KB article

Beremote.exe crashes when backing up file data from a 2008 R2 server with Exchange 2010 installed
support.veritas.com/docs/337862

dcs115
Level 2
Tried that and same problem. I also tried a repair install and removing the Exchange component.