cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Mailbox restore > no mail

Vinneeh
Level 2

We are trying to restore an individual mailbox to another mailbox.
The restore job succeeds, but when we check the mailbox, no mail has been restored.
When we check the mailbox from the Exchange management there suppose to be 2411 items in it.

In the destination mailbox  there is a mail from BackupExec with the notification that the mail has been restored, but there is no other mail..
I've seen this problem on the internet, but i can't find a solution, is there a hotfix for this bug?

We are using Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP2, our agents are up to date.
Windows server 2008 R2

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you restoring to a mailbox which has non-english characters in the mailbox name??

If yes then try to create a mailbox in english characters only and try to restore to it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Vinneeh
Level 2

CraigV,

I've checked the article, and that was exactly what i have done.

This is the problem i get:

Restore of individual emails/mailbox from a Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) backup set of an Exchange database, completes successfully but no messages are restored

Sush,

The destination mailbox are just english characters. Vincent Poll, I guess thats just english characters.

CraigV

...this should have been fixed via a HF which you should already have:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125478

I'd suggest opening a case with Symantec around this if you have support, and then posting back here when you get your solution.

You can always try downloading the HF, but it would be superceded by SP2.

Vinneeh
Level 2

I have downloaded that hotfix but cannot install it because of wrong version of backup exec. We have 2010 R3 SP2. Still the same issue.

What to do next?

CraigV

1. Open up a support case with Symantec if you have a support agreement in place.

2. Check the Known Issues section for this issue. If it is listed, vote it up and post on it...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/issues