cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Not Backing Up Remote Servers

Delo819
Level 4

Hi All,

We've started having an issue recently with our multi server backup job using Backup Exec 2010 R3.

It's worked fine up until a couple of days ago but now it is always failing saying it can't connect to the remote computer.

I've checked all I can regarding diagnostics and the servers can definitely talk to each other (and I've set the jobs to use any available adapter and subnet) but still no luck.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the remote agent on the remote server started? Try to create a new test selection for that server and run a test job to see if that works.

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...might also be RAWS agent corruption. Remove it via Add/Remove Programs, and then push-install it again.

Also make sure that port 10000 is open on any firewall on that server, and that no AV installed is scanning beremote.exe.

Thanks!

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Also, check the application logs on the Servers for which you get the errors. See if there are any remote agent crash reported (Event ID 1000)

Delo819
Level 4

I can't see anything regarding crashing of the remote agent service in the logs - I restarted the service on each remote server and the test job for the test backup worked fine but the original problematic job still didn't.

The test backup is running ok so far and says it's backing up data from each individual server so it could be a corrupted job maybe?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Shouldn't be corrupted. You could do a test redirected restore to confirm this.

CraigV

...wouldn't be the first time that happened. You can do 1 of 2 things:

1. Recreate the selection list and job;

2. Repair the BEDB using BEutility.exe (which I'd recommend doing anyway just in case there is corruption in the BEDB).

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Is the remote agent on the remote server started? Try to create a new test selection for that server and run a test job to see if that works.

CraigV

...might also be RAWS agent corruption. Remove it via Add/Remove Programs, and then push-install it again.

Also make sure that port 10000 is open on any firewall on that server, and that no AV installed is scanning beremote.exe.

Thanks!

Delo819
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your responses - I've done a test job backing up a small file from each drive on the remote servers and the test run works fine - I will do a bit more testing and report back with the results.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Also, check the application logs on the Servers for which you get the errors. See if there are any remote agent crash reported (Event ID 1000)

Delo819
Level 4

I can't see anything regarding crashing of the remote agent service in the logs - I restarted the service on each remote server and the test job for the test backup worked fine but the original problematic job still didn't.

The test backup is running ok so far and says it's backing up data from each individual server so it could be a corrupted job maybe?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Shouldn't be corrupted. You could do a test redirected restore to confirm this.

CraigV

...wouldn't be the first time that happened. You can do 1 of 2 things:

1. Recreate the selection list and job;

2. Repair the BEDB using BEutility.exe (which I'd recommend doing anyway just in case there is corruption in the BEDB).

Thanks!

Delo819
Level 4

Test backup worked fine so going to recreate the original job and test again.

Delo819
Level 4

Tested the backup as a full job and all seems to be working fine now - seems to be more a backup job problem than agent but don't know for sure!

Thanks for your assistance.