cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP2 Catalogs

jlowe
Level 3

I am having issues with backing up VM's.

We get the error "error writting to on disk catalogs" after running a full or incremental backup to disk.

We have tried deleteing and recreating the catalog folder, moving it, reindexing the catalogs, among other things. The error still occurs.

Other backups to tape, which are incremental work fine.

Unfortunatly we have just moved back from 2010 Backup Exec as there were way to many issues in this for it to be usable. Im quickly looking patience with Symantec products. I havn't logged a support case, as I am very reluctant, as I have had 4 cases open in the last 3 months relating to 2010 and they weren't resolved.

Rgds

Josh

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) If you do a normal backup of some files/folders, does the job complete successfully?

2) Have you tried disabling GRT in the VM backup?

theOnkar
Level 4
Employee

Are the remote agents updated on the servers ?

jlowe
Level 3

Thanks for the replies guys.

I ran a one off backup this morning of just files - successfull. And a one off full backup of a VM (VMWARE) and it was successfull.

The job in question that has the catalog errors is a policy based job. Runs a full backup of all Virtual machines on a monday, then every day after it runs an inremental. The error occurs on both full and incremental jobs. There is also a duplicate job defined in the policy which succeeds.

All agents are also up to date.