cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 backing up VMWare

ESabo
Level 6

Can BackupExec 2010 backup VMWare?     Because we are having some major issues where the snapshots are not deleting.    We had a symantec support call opened for weeks now with no end in site.    I can post more details if someone would be willing to help.

4 REPLIES 4

teiva-boy
Level 6

Yes it can, since 12.5 actually.  

If you've had a case open for "weeks," as you say, I would on the next phone call you have, ask for a Duty Manager.  Tell them  that you want access to backline or advanced support as the time to resolution is taking too long.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please post some more information as I would like to take a look at it. Let us know the version of BE 2010 R1 or R2, version of ESX server, the exact error with which the backups are failing, the OS on the guest VM.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ESabo
Level 6

BackupExec 2010 R2 (the latest possible via Symantec Support Call), ESX version 4, what is happening is the snapshot never get deleted.   the error we are getting is Final error: 0xe00095

We have our support call escalated to the highest possible engineers but nothing so far.

If you look at VMware forums this seems to be a major issue with Symantec BackupExec and not one posting where it has been resolved.

seanbh
Level 4

Interested to see if you get this resolved - something that we have had issues with previously as well - Good Luck