cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 chargement GUI mais ne s'affiche pas

RCB_ERIC
Level 2

Bonjour,

les sauvegardes planifiées se font a priori normalement , je le vois dans le "BE remote Agent Utility".

mais impossible d'afficher la fenêtre de l'interface graphique de backupExec 2010.

Quand je lance l'application j'ai la fenetre de chargement qui s'affiche avec une barre de defilement qui s'incremente plusieurs fois mais ne s'affiche pas.

au bout d'une minute environ elle se referme.

dans les process windows j'ai un nouveau processus qui est lancé :bkupexec.exe  "backup exec for Windows UI"

Comment avoir de nouveau l'interface graphique de BE 2010 ?

Merci d'avacnce de votre aide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RCB_ERIC
Level 2

Ok

i 'll check that

thanks a lot

----------------

i reboot the server and then everything work normally.

thank you for your help

Regards

Eric

----------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Not sure if I understood you completly, but us the Backup Exec 2010 Gui crashing on the Media Server? You could view the job information (progress/status/history/setup) from this GUI. I am not sure if you are trying to open this on the Media Server or on the Remote Server (i.e Remote Agent Utility)

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I'd recommend making sure that BE 2010 R3 is installed (it ends up being a free upgrade as you can use your current BE licenses) and if R3 is installed, do the following:

1. Make sure the latest service pack for BE 2010 is installed and any subsequent patches. Push-install these patches to any remote servers you might have;

2. Run a repair of BE using Add/Remove Programs and see if this works;

3. Make sure any AV installed isn't perhaps blocking the BE services, and put in exclusions if so.

Thanks!

RCB_ERIC
Level 2

Thanks for your answer,

i am trying to open the Backup exec 2010 GUI on a administrator session directly on the wondows 2008 server.

usely i launch , by a classical double click, the "Backup Exec 2010" application to see the jobs running , or not running.

My server has got an internal scsi LTO Drive and i change the tape every day (very simple system).

the GUI of BE 2010 begin to load for 1 minute and then close.

then i have a new process "BkupExec.exe " in the windows task manager.

i don't see the GUI but just the "loading window" of it.

all the process running and i even see the actual backup job running in the "Symantec backupExec Remote Agent Utility" window (it's another windows application that run correctly but it is a too simply interface.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Like Craig has already mentioned perform a repair install of BE. Also, check the event viewer after the Backup Exec GUI dissapears for any errors regarding Backup Exec or .Net Framework.

RCB_ERIC
Level 2

Ok

i 'll check that

thanks a lot

----------------

i reboot the server and then everything work normally.

thank you for your help

Regards

Eric

----------------