Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 with Exchange

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

Hello,

I've been seeing my backup logs in Backup exec and my logs tell me that that my backups were successful. The thing that confuses me is that my full backup only report over 20 gigs. My exchange log files are over 100 gigs alone.

I've verified my selection as what to backup and everything had been chosen file based wise.

Is there something I can verify or validate that everything is there and if it is, why is it only reporting 20 gigs had been saved.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Open the restore window and check what all data has been backed up.

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

Everything is check marked and all the files seem to be there.

Though that really doesn't answer my question

RRE
Level 6

Hi there , 

In order to verify if everything got backedup.

You can go to Job monitor . Open the job log , click on job log which is next to job history . Click on collapse all. Now expand Job Operation -backup . then expand the exchange server . Expand the Microsoft information store. Expand Backup set summary to verify how much data was backedup. Similarly you can follow the same procedure if you have multiple databases . Expand all the databases & verify the byte count in Backup set summary

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

Again I know what's backed up and it is all there.

My question again is why does it only report that 20 gigs has been backed up?

RRE
Level 6

Where exactly is that reporting 20 GB . Under job monitor or somewhere else . Is it human readable format or in bytes

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

In the Job Monitor window, Job History section in the Byte Count column

RRE
Level 6

Could you type the exact figure that is displayed there in bytes or paste a screen shot

AmericanPie
Level 4
Partner

RRE
Level 6

Please use the exact command to check the size of the exchange database that you are backing up. Command should be executed from powershell

Get-MailboxDatabase -Status | select ServerName,Name,DatabaseSize