cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Catalogs Folder

JDR1990
Level 4

Hi,

I am currently having to find more disk space on our Backup Exec media server and have noticed that the folder in the following location is particularly large c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\[Server Hostname]. Is it possible to move the location of this folder to another partition? If not am I able to delete any of the content of this folder?

Regards

Leon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, you can move the Catalogs to a different location...Either use BEUtility or can do it via the BE console...difference being the former moves the old catalogs as well whereas the latter option applies only to newer catalogs..

1. On the media server server navigate to X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec, where X is the partition where Backup Exec is installed.
2. Locate and launch BEUtility.exe
3. In the BEUtility console in the left pane select All Media Servers
4. In the right hand pane in the BEUtility console select and right click on the server name
5. In the drop down menu select Set Job Log and Catalog Locations
6. Designate the new location for the catalog files

CraigV

CraigV

...Edited...?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Create catalogs folder on new location and copy the contents of existing catalogs folder to new folder. Once done either use BEUtility to change catalog location or change the path from backup exec settings.

JDR1990
Level 4

Thanks Guys! I didnt realise it was that simple. I will ensure that it is completed immediately!