cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Exchange Restores

pedropony55
Level 4

Hi,

I am getting speeds of around 2000MB/min backing up my Exchange server via the RAW.

I have initiated a couple of test restores today and am trying to restore indivdual emails. I have also tried a full inbox, but I am only getting speeds of 8MB/min which obviously cant be right. Its not a problem for the odd email but in a DR scenario it will not work.

Any ides?

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you're doing a GRT backup to tape, it needs to stage the entire Information Store to disk first during a restore, before it restores.

You can try getting around this by duplicating your IS to disk first, and then running the restore from there.

THanks!

pedropony55
Level 4

Sorry, should have mentioned this is a disk backup/restore.

It is immediatley restoring items to the server, just at a ridiculously slow rate

CraigV

OK cool...is it to the same server? If so, I'd suggest copying a large amount of data from your media server to the Exchange server to test network speeds from that direction...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the disk where the backups is taken Fragmented?? If so then you need to De-fragment it as reading is always slow from fragmented disk.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pedropony55
Level 4

thanks for the replies.

Yes the restore is to the same disk. I have just tested restoring some files form the C drive and speed is perfect, so is only a problem for Exchange data,

CraigV

...check any AV running on the server and make sure it isn't trying to block BE's services. Otherwise, try disabling the AV and running a restore again...

Vishal_Shinde
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

We would require some more information about the problem .

Initially, we require  Exchange version. (depending upon the version of exchange we can identify, if  it’s a MAPI or EWS (exchange web services.) in play.

Further we would like to know If the exchange is installed in a cluster?

Regards,

Sasha