cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Synthetic Backups and SDR?

ben-it
Level 2

Hi all,

I am testing the new BE2012 at the moment with the different functions and options. Currently, I am testing the synthetic backup function and I am wondering when I create a synthetic backup scenario that BE isn´t showing the SDR option in the selection list. Do you have any recommendations how to setup a backup scenario with SDR and synthetic backup?

Thanks

Ben

4 REPLIES 4

sagarsonker
Level 3
Employee

Hi, Synthetic Backup is only supported for file systems, and not for other Data Selection types. Since SDR requires all the critical system components not supported by Synthetic Backups, this option will not be shown in a Synthetic Backup Job.

Also, you will notice that System State, SQL, etc. are not shown in Synthetic Job

ben-it
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Ok, this means the synthetic option isn´t really usefull for us because we want a full protection of our servers. I thought it would be possible to run once a week a full backup job with sdr then every day an incremental and connected with this every second day a synthetic job.

sagarsonker
Level 3
Employee

Yes, as of BE 2012, SDR and Synthetic Backups are disparate

pkh
   VIP    Certified

SDR (formerly IDR) and Synthetic Backups are always different features and they have never been related.