cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Duplicating B2D backups

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Hi folks,

I wanna saher some pertinent information that could might help someone out there before they start saying why did i buy this pi... of backup software that only makes errors afters errors instead of doing some backups.

So the scenario:

I do daily night full backups to all my SQL Servers, so i have a job for each server, three in my case. After that nighlty backup i do log backups during the day with a time frame of 90 minutes. This job that have a full and inc step has also a duplicate job at 10.00am or for at 10.00 in the morning that duplicates all the stuff to a SAN.

This was working since jully until one beautifull day of September the logs became red, and got two distint errors to two distinct duplicate jobs:

1º Error

SRVSBS01 SQL BACKUP-Duplicate-SQL -- The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

2º Error (The funny one)

SRVAPP01 SQL BACKUP-Duplicate -- The job failed with the following error: The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.  Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.

Search and search and inventory and catalog a bunch of times, with no result.

So i did two things in the two servers that result:

1º Solution:

Delete the backup job that holds, the full,inc and duplicate to the SQL server. I did an inventory and catalog to the disk and created again the job with three steps. It's working at day number two.

2º Solution:

I delete the server, uninstalled the be remote agent directly at the server, reboot server, installed agent.

Created the job with three same steps,full, inc and duplicate and at day two it's working....

Does anyone have any clue of what could happened....so that the duplicate job stopped.....

Best regards to all....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you do does not matter.  It is the internal information that BE uses to keep track of which backup set to duplicate that is corrupted.  Doing inventory, etc will not correct the problem

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The duplicate job failed because there is a corruption with the history of the job that it is trying to duplicate.  To correct this problem, re-create the job.

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Indeed PKH is what i realise but none of the errors direct me to that.

I was always verifing the the disks and also always inventorying and cataloging the disk with no success.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What you do does not matter.  It is the internal information that BE uses to keep track of which backup set to duplicate that is corrupted.  Doing inventory, etc will not correct the problem