cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 running delayed by a day

geeksbkup
Level 3

Hi,

I have scheduled an incremental backup for six days in a week, the incremental backup is running delayed by one day ie monday backup is running on tuesday, tuesday on wednesday. But in backup schedule date is set correctly, but in jobs start time is showing the next day.
Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You still need to do turn weekly full backup. Otherwise, your backup chain will be very long and will ultimately fill up your disk

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Post a screenshot of your job recurrance pattern window.

geeksbkup
Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response; as requested PFA screen shot pertaining to job. In the 1st screen shot the monday backup has been scheduled today ie 17/02/2014 but in the 2nd screen shot in jobs tab you can see that get scheduled on 18/02/2014.

geeksbkup
Level 3

PFA screebshot 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I don't know why your jobs ended up this way, but you have set up your jobs wrongly.

By setting up your daily incremental this way, each incremental job is not linked to the other incremental job.  Also, you are not repeating your full backup.  You cannot do incremental forever based on one full backup.

You should have one job and your incrementals should be setup like below

BE 2012 - daily incremental.png

geeksbkup
Level 3

hi,

Thanks for the reply, I want to run the incremental backup from tomorrow, since the next sunday falls on 24/02/2014 my incremental is starting on 25/02/2014. Also the job has been put on hold till 23/02/2014. Could you please help me to run a full backup today and set up incremental to run from tomorrow and then take full backup every sunday and incremental daily as pointed in your screenshot.  Thanks in advance.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you create the job like in my screenshot and save the job, you will be given the option to run the full backup now. Just accept that option

geeksbkup
Level 3

Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick support. I have a main folder called rman and inside that i have 7 subfolders for each day of a week. In my above case I have selected the main folder(which by default selects all the subfolders). The backups are files from oracle(RMAN backups) stored on local disk. I have a full backup running on sunday and the remaining being incrementals from RMAN. So these are flat files and by default does it requires a full backup to be run every week on Backup Exec and run the incrementals daily. Or like just run the full backup once without recurring and run the incrementals daily. Is it okay to have a setup like this and is it possible in a single job. Thanks in advance.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You still need to do turn weekly full backup. Otherwise, your backup chain will be very long and will ultimately fill up your disk

geeksbkup
Level 3

Hi

I have a query; my full backup is scheduled on weekly basis i.e., every week sunday and incrementals are running every day. My query is will both full and incremental backup run on sunday, if so I  want to exclude incremental on sundays. Is it possible to do. Will it affect backup cycle?

Thanks in advance.