Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 - DAG Backup isses

taRicco
Level 2

Hi All

I've here the following configuration running:

All Servers are Win2008 R2

Exchange 2010 DAG (let's name it EXCDAG01) with two mailbox servers (let's name them EXCMAIL01 and EXCMAIL02), two CAS Servers (EXCCAS01 and EXCCAS02).

I'm able to add the EXCDAG01 through the Domain Controller it's recognizing EXCMAIL01 and EXCMAIL02 correctly. 

I'm able to create backups for all participating servers. Everything runs fine except:

- EXCMAIL01 sometimes has connection issues (unable to connect to the server or unable to connect to the remote agent). After a restart it's working sometimes but suddently from one day to another without doing anything on the server itself the backup crashes.If I edit the job I see "connection error" when trying to browse the selection list. After hitting the refresh button it suddently works again.

- EXCDAG01 sometimes has the same issue like EXCMAIL01. Sometimes the backup works, sometimes it doesn't. However I'm ALWAYS able to see the selection list correctly.

- EXCMAIL02 and both CAS Servers are backing up without any issues.

- Agents are installed on all servers and are up to date. Service Accounts are equipped correctly with the required permissions.

I tried everything with editing host files, troubleshooting with Ipv6 (however I read somewhere that it is not recommended to disable Ipv6 for mailbox servers..)

Anyone facing the same issues and able to find a solution?

Thanks and Regards

Tarik

2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

Make sure you have all the Backup exec processes excluded from any AV running.  What errors do you see in Windows Event error logs when the back up fails?

taRicco
Level 2

BE processes are excluded from AV.

Error message is:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "EXCMAIL01") (Job: "EXCMAIL01-Full) EXCMAIL01-Full  -- The job failed with the following error: A network connection to the server could not be established.