cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014_TCP error code 10061: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused

David_Elizabeth
Level 3

Hi everyone

I need some help. I have installed Symantec Backup Exec 2014 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Std. I have use the local administrator account for the installation and the login. The installation have been quite easy. However, when I start Backup Exec 2014 it always give me an error msg: "Could not connect to net.tcp//[server_name]:50104/BEMService/ServerData. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:02.0002511. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [server_ip]:50104."

I have found that some users have posted this problem on the forum. I have try to have a look about the solution proposed in the forum. Like creating a new rule in the Firewall setting, I have also disable the firewall. The problem is still there. I have noticed that some services is not started. Unfortunately, I cannot start them. They always give error message like: "Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start". The services are:

1. Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows
  2. Backup Exec Agent for Browser
  3. Backup Exec Device & Media Service
  4. Backup Exec Job Engine
  5. Backup Exec Management Service
  6. Backup Exec Server

I have try to  change the services execute path using administrative command in windows environmentthe problem is still the same. Can someone help me pleasesad... 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...your issue is using the local admin account...best practice is to use a domain admin account. Read the TN below for more information:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

...your issue is using the local admin account...best practice is to use a domain admin account. Read the TN below for more information:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You also need to make sure that the BE SQL instance BKUPEXEC is started before starting the rest of the BE services

David_Elizabeth
Level 3

Thanks a lot CraigV. I have try to use the domain admin account. Unfortunately, It does not work. It seems the problem is with the services. They did not want to start on the server.

CraigV

OK,use the domain account with admin rights (anyanything else required as per that TN). Check to see if any AV installed isn't blocking the services from starting up, specifically the SQL service.

I also assume you used BEutility.exe to change the BESA to the new account you created?

THanks!

David_Elizabeth
Level 3

It works!!! You were right CraigV. It was about the domain admin right. Thanks a lotyes

CraigV

Cool stuff. There are a lot of people who use local admin rights, and sometimes this is used as a troubleshooting step too.

Please mark the relevant thread as the solution to close this off.

Thanks!