Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 renewal license Not available

dicky_23
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

hello everyone,

My backup exec is eror when i tried to insert the renewal license Agent for vmware and Application & database. When i'm using the SLF the eror was like below:

error license3.png

And then i user enter serial number with internet connection, the serial number was sucessfully inserted but the description and end date wasn't show like below:

error license.png

I open case to symantec support, they send me a BE 2012 license. i'm using BE2014 right now, why i need to downgrade my BE. while the other license when i insert on Last February was successfull inserted.

Thanks for anyone that helping my problem

Regards

r0b0t1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The maintenance licence is not important. If you are on a current maintenance contract, then contact the Symantec Licencing department to get the correct BE 2014 maintenance licences.  Alternatively, don't install any maintenance licences which will have no effect on the functioning of BE.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The maintenance licence is not important. If you are on a current maintenance contract, then contact the Symantec Licencing department to get the correct BE 2014 maintenance licences.  Alternatively, don't install any maintenance licences which will have no effect on the functioning of BE.

dicky_23
Level 3

Hello pkh thanks for your reply,

I need this maintenance license inserted in my Licenses BE console. because i can monitor my license how long it still active. And for audit reason. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

... then as I said earlier, you need to contact the Symantec Licencing department to get the proper licences. Only they can issue them.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Whist this comment won't help with your SLF file issue (you do need to talk to whoever sold your licenses to you or our custeorm care team for that) 

The maintenance linences only records your support agreement so that the console can provide you with a reminder on or close to the anniversary. It has nothing to do with license compliance for software auditing and therefore you can choose whether or not to add it into the Product Installation.

The product  license is usually what is needed for audit purposes and these do not have expiry dates  because they are valid for as long as you want to use that version of the product.

dicky_23
Level 3

After being contact by Symantec Licensing Department. The problem is cannot insert before the the start date of the license. Must due date or the day after the start date.

Thanks pkh