cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 8.6 - Switched to Evaluation Copy ???

Mark_Webb
Level 2
Our BackupExec has been running very well for years (one of the reason I have not upgraded...) As fate would have it our exchange server has had a hickup and I need to do a restore. Apon logging into the console I am greeted with a banner saying "Backup Exec (Evaluation Version: Day 32 of 60)"

This inturn appears to have limited the available options - i.e. I cannot install the agent to the newly installed server to restore the information store of the old exchange box.

I have a fully licenced version (8.60 build 3878) but without being able to install the agent I cannot restore the exchange server....No support via phone - very disappointing as we also have current versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Tim_Saunders
Not applicable
Eval licenses enables all options by default. Why you then input a "Real" license key, the options that you are not licenses for will not be available.
You will only be greeted with the "Backup Exec (Evaluation Version: Day 32 of 60)" banner if you only have an evaluation copy installed. This will dissapear when you install a "Real" license.

Hope this helps

Mark_Webb
Level 2
Thanks for the response Tim......

unfortunatley the keys are already listed as installed. I am at a lost as how this happened.

If I update the server can I restore a backup from a previous version of BUExec?

is if I go to v10 can I still restore this 8.6 backup..???

Mr_Backup_Exec_
Level 3
Hi there

Firstly you should be able to install all options in eval mode execpt for IDR. So have you tried installing the Exchange agent on the Backup Exec server and Remote agent on Remote Exchange server? This should work.

Secondly yes you can install version 10 and restore from an older version of Backup Exec.

Hope this helps.