cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 does not see Robotic Library

Cruz_Rodriguez
Not applicable
Hello, new to the forum and looked thru the first 5 pages and did not see anything related to my problem so here goes.

Running Backup Exec v9.0 on a Windows 2000 server with an Exabyte 210 AutoPak 1x10 loader. The drive in the loader crashed so Exabyte replaced the entire AutoPak loader set. After switching the hardware, Backup Exec would not see the loader but did see the tape drive inside the loader. Have been working with Symantec Tech support to solve the problem but nothing has worked. Reinstalled SP1, HotFixes and now have upgraded to Backup Exec 9.1 and the software still does not recognize the Auto Loader library (software is enable to see libraries).

Ok, so here are my questions. Is there something I am missing with regard to the compatibility between the Exabyte AutoPak and Backup Exec? Also, I had to uninstall the remote agent on my remote servers, upon reinstalling 9.0 agent and checking is says that the agent cannot work with this version. I thought 9.1 would work with a 9.0 agent due to the backwards compatibility.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Refer to the HCL for 9.1to check if the device is listed as compatible with BE:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/282347

If it is, do also install the latest device drivers from http://support.veritas.com/docs/273853

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
1) I thought 9.1 would work with a 9.0 agent due to the backwards compatibility

Thw SCL specifically says that the last build v9.0 RA is compatible for the purpose of rolling upgrades. In other words, in a production system you are violating Licensing Policy by doing this.

Since v9.1 will accept all v9.0 serials, just go ahead and install the v9.1 RAs

2) Did you remove the old library and then try to install the new one? If not, run the latest TAPEINST and tell it to remove all devices not found. Then run it again and if it finds the library but says it doesn'tg have a driver for it, point it at the MFG drivers

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

Could you Update us on the Issue?

Thanks
Regards